Health Resources in Action and Commonwealth of Massachusetts maintain this website, www.GamblingHelplineMA.org, as a service to its clients and the community at large. We may revise and update these Terms and Conditions at any time. Your continued usage of the GamblingHelplineMA.org website (“GamblingHelplineMA.org Site”, or the “Site”) will mean you accept those changes.
The site does not provide medical advice or treatment.
The contents of the GamblingHelplineMA.org Site, such as text, graphics, images, information obtained from GamblingHelplineMA.org’s licensors, and other material contained on the GamblingHelplineMA.org Site (“Content”) are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the GamblingHelplineMA.org Site.
If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. GamblingHelplineMA.org does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. Reliance on any information provided by GamblingHelplineMA.org, GamblingHelplineMA.org employees, other appearing on the Site at the invitation of GamblingHelplineMA.org, or other visitors to the Site is solely at your own risk.
While GamblingHelplineMA.org will use reasonable efforts to include accurate and timely information on the Site, it makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of information or timeliness of resources presented on the Site or through links to other websites. GamblingHelplineMA.org shall not be held responsible for any action taken that is based on the information presented on its Site, and all users agree that access and use of the GamblingHelplineMA.org Site and Content presented will be at the user’s own risk.
Links, resources, and references
This website contains references and links to information, products and services provided by third parties. These references and links are provided as aids to help you identify and locate other resources that may be of interest, and are not intended to state or imply that GamblingHelplineMA.org sponsors, endorses or is affiliated or associated with the persons or entities who provide such information, products or services, nor are the references or links intended to state or imply that GamblingHelplineMA.org is legally authorized to use any trade name, registered trademark, logo, legal or official seal, or copyright symbol that may be reflected in them.
Material published in this web site is copyright owned by Health Resources in Action, Inc. unless otherwise noted. Such material is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws and treaties. All rights are reserved. If you find these materials useful, you may download, print out or send a copy to others but only for personal use or nonprofit uses. It is absolutely prohibited to reprint or electronically reproduce any text, document, graphic, or audio or visual material for commercial use. For special copyright permissions, please write to [email protected] or helplineMA.org c/o Health Resources in Action, Inc., 2 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116.
Disclaimer of endorsement
Disclaimer of liability and warranties
This Site and its contents are provided “as is” and use of the Site and the Content is at your own risk. We disclaim all warranties, express and implied, including the implied warranties of merchantability and of fitness for a particular purpose with respect to any information contained on, accessible through or derived by you from this site and with respect to any products or services purchased by you through this site. Without limiting the foregoing, GamblingHelplineMA.org, its licensors, and its suppliers make no representations or warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, currentness, or timeliness of the Content, software, text, graphics, links or communications provided on or through the use of the GamblingHelplineMA.org Site or GamblingHelplineMA.org. We likewise disclaim any and all liability to you arising out of interruption or damage to your computer system or software as the result of accessing or otherwise using this site. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING LOST REVENUES, LOST PROFITS OR LOSS OF DATA ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THIS SITE. In the event that any of the foregoing limitations and disclaimers is ineffective, you agree that our maximum liability to you shall be the total of the fees you may have paid to us in connection with your access to this site and/or for products or services you have purchased from us through this site.
Modifications to site
GamblingHelplineMA.org reserves the right, for any reason, in its sole discretion, to terminate, change or suspend any aspect of the site, including but not limited to, content, features or hours of availability. GamblingHelplineMA.org may impose limits on certain features of the site or restrict your access to part or all of the site without notice or penalty.
The Agreement comprises the entire agreement between you and GamblingHelplineMA.org and supersedes all prior agreements between the parties, regarding the subject matter contained herein. All provisions in the Agreement regarding representations and warranties, indemnification, disclaimers and limitation of liability shall survive any termination of this Agreement. GamblingHelplineMA.org reserves the right to change this Agreement at any time by posting a new Agreement on the Site. Your continued use of this site after such changes are posted will constitute your agreement with such changes.
You agree that GamblingHelplineMA.org has the right, but not the obligation to monitor, edit, disclose, refuse to post, or remove at any time, for any reason in its sole discretion, any material and content anywhere on the site including, but not limited to message boards, email and other forums. Notwithstanding this right, HelplineMA.org does not and cannot review all materials posted to the Site by users and GamblingHelplineMA.org is not responsible for any such materials posted by users.
1. When you opt-in to the service, we will send you an SMS message to confirm your signup.
2. The MA Problem Gambling Helpline is a state-funded program that connects consumers with referrals for substance use treatment, recovery, harm reduction, and problem gambling services. Texting our number will connect you with a trained Screening and Information Specialist who will ask a few questions in order to link you with appropriate resources and information. Once the conversation has ended you will not receive SMS messages unless you text 800327.
3. You can cancel the SMS service at any time. Just text “STOP” to the short code. After you send the SMS message “STOP” to us, we will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from us. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and we will start sending SMS messages to you again.
4. If you are experiencing issues with the messaging program you can reply with the keyword HELP for more assistance, or you can get help directly at [email protected] or 800-327-5050.
5. We are able to deliver messages to the following mobile phone carriers: Major carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, MetroPCS, U.S. Cellular, Alltel, Boost Mobile, Nextel, and Virgin Mobile. Minor carriers: Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Cincinnati Bell Wireless, Cricket, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless). ***Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages***
6. As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. Message frequency varies. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider. For all questions about the services provided by this short code, you can send an email to [email protected]. If you are experiencing issues with the messaging program you can reply with the keyword HELP for more assistance, or you can get help directly at 800-327-5050.